Thursday, October 22, 2009

Awful Library Books



Sometimes, at the Reference desk, a person will ask for a good book about such and such a topic. If I am feeling especially witty and the person asking the question seems to have a sense of humor, I sometimes say "We only have good books." Then I proceed to really answer the question. I may have to modify my responce as I have come across a site called Awful Library Books. Among the esoteric volumes mentioned are How to Preserve Animal and other Specimens in Clear Plastic and Knitting with Dog Hair. The real point of the site, however, is that public libraries need to weed their collections regularly, so that they don't have ten year old books about how to use a computer, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned "Knitting with dog hair" to my friend who spins, knits, crochets, sews, you name it, and she told me that she's heard that no matter what you do, wet dog hair smells like wet dog!

    ReplyDelete